Scroll down to learn how you can support Dudley Neighbors Incorporated through the CITC.
Dudley Neighbors Incorporated (DNI) is a Community Land Trust created by DSNI to implement and develop DSNI’s comprehensive master plan that was drafted by residents to guide the revitalization of the neighborhood.
The Community Investment Tax Credit (CITC) was signed into law by Governor Deval Patrick in 2012. CITC is designed to support high-impact, community-led economic development initiatives that leverage private contributions and build strong local partnerships.
- You can be an individual, corporation or non-profit to claim this tax credit!
- It cuts the net cost of your contribution by up to 67%!
- It doubles the benefit to DNI’s community land trust!
How It Works:
CITC provides the donor a 50% tax credit against Commonwealth of Massachusetts tax liability. The donor may receive up to 35% of the federal tax deduction for the balance of 50% of the donation. The minimum investment amount is $1,000. Your donation will support:
- 226 units of affordable housing, community greenhouse, urban farm, parks and commercial space currently on the Land Trust
- Providing resources and opportunities to support Land Trust homeowners
- Expanding the Land Trust in Dudley and supporting other neighborhoods
- Protecting residents from displacement
- Negotiating community benefits for development projects
Driving results through local community engagement:
- Increasing investment in housing development, economic development, financial education, and organizational capacity;
- Deepening involvement in their neighborhoods and towns with new community organizing capacity and increased board engagement;
- Expanding and launching new programs in small business assistance, health, financial counseling, and the arts;
- Spurring new relationships with businesses, organizations and hundreds of individuals and families who may not have been aware of the CDC itself or its impact within their community.
Questions about CITC?
- Learn more about CITC by visiting our website.
- Contact DNI Director, Tony Hernandez, at 617-442-9670 ext. 170
- Contact Joceline Fidalgo at email@example.com or 617-442-9670 ext. 110
Donations must be made to Dudley Neighbors Inc.