above: 2015 - 2017 DSNI Board of Directors
Click here to view the complete 2015-2017 DSNI Board of Directors.
Click here to view the 2015-2017 DSNI Board of Directors reading the Board Pledge.
The Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative is governed by 35-member Board of Directors. Community-wide board elections are held every two years at the DSNI annual meeting.
Equal representation is provided for the community’s four major cultures – African American, Cape Verdean, Latino and White. The overall structure of the board is composed as follows:
- 16 Residents from the whole area
- 7 Nonprofit agencies representing the Health and Human Service fields from the whole area
- 2 Community Development Corporations
- 2 Small Businesses
- 2 Religious Organizations
- 4 Youths from the core area (ages 15-17)
- 2 Residents appointed by the newly elected board
DSNI BOARD PLEDGE
I, _____________, as a member of the Board of Directors of the Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative, pledge to empower Dudley residents to organize, plan for, create and control a vibrant, diverse, and high quality neighborhood in collaboration with community partners.
I further pledge to support the residents’ and the community’s right to:
- shape all plans, programs, and policies affecting our quality of life
- control the development of neighborhood land
- live in a healthy and safe family-supportive environment
- celebrate our vibrant cultural diversity
- education and training, jobs and economic opportunities
- quality, affordable housing
- quality, affordable child care
- safe, accessible public transportation
- quality goods and services
- a full spiritual and religious life.
Click here to view the By-Laws of the Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative, Inc.